Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
What is making you happy this week?
Monday, March 26, 2012
I can't believe Easter is right around the corner! I wish I had more time to do crafts and bake all the fun Easter-y treats but my time is so limited thanks to our transition home. I can't believe how tough it has been to get back into a routine, clean the house, and get Cindy comfortable in a new environment.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Anywho, this weeks pin it and do it comes from My Style board. Last Saturday, my future cousin Juliana and I decided to have a Pinterest day and we chose to recycle old shirts. I am all about recycling and cutting up old shirts and turning them into something new. It came out pretty cute and Juliana you look beautiful wearing it!
Not as easy as it looks. Getting the shirt to fit right was a little tough. It kept coming forward in the front and just doing all sorts of weird things. I think part of it was because used the wrong kind of shirt. It is best to use a thin knit/jersey material. Be sure to cut it a little at a time and then try it on. You can't put back what has been cut already. Overall, a very cute beach shirt or something I would wear lounging in the house. I do love the racer back.
To fix the problem on the front, I scrunched up these little pieces and put them on the front sides. There are a million tutorials out there floating around YouTube and the blogging world, so if you ever get bored be sure to try this, especially with summer right around the corner.
And since it was Saint Patrick's day, green nails were a must. Don't you love that dark green glitter? It is actually loose glitter that we sprinkled on top of a top coat. Love it!
Friday, March 23, 2012
Spring is just about here and I have started planning some fun activities for Cindy. This season, I thought it would be really fun for Cindy and I to grow a plant or if I am feel adventurous a few plants. If you know one thing about me it's that I suck at trying to grow or maintain anything green. For this spring I was thinking of growing something easy like sprouts in a pot. I think it would be fun to water it everyday and see it grow over the weeks.
To help my lack of a green thumb, I am planning on using Expand ‘n Gro™ from Miracle Gro. It yields three times the amount of flowers and vegtables as oppose to the native soil, it expands up to three times when in water and feeds the plants for six months. You can see more about Expand n Gro and how it works by checking out this video.
If you have tiny tots, you can teach your kids what plants need in order to grow. Planting would also be a good way to talk about photosynthesis with the older kiddos. Since Cindy is so small we are only going to enjoy watching them grow.
So thinking of growing a garden or plants with your kids this spring? Be sure to check out Expand n' Grow in the lawn and garden area of retailers. For us who are overseas you can get it on Amazon! If you want to try just a small sample, Miracle Gro is sending me one and I would love to give you this little bag.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Aren't they adorable. They would make a perfect gift too especially for a housewarming party. She said she followed directions from a youtube video but I couldn't find it. But, I'm not going to leave you hanging! I found a really nice and easy tutorial on Inspiring Creations. I think I will have to make some of these myself.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Didn't they come out adorable?!? I made them during nap time and since Cindy woke up right in the middle of the process the pictures are limited.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012
I am actually really excited to get back to my house because I have a cookbook waiting for me dedicated to making fun food creations. So, since I plan on spending a nice relaxing week I have decided to make something simple but yummy to her..... Apple Sauce. Now lets make this apple, saucy.
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of cinnamon [optional]
Wash, peel, core, and chop the apples up. Yup this is the hardest part of the process.
Place all the ingredients minus the cinnamon in a saucepan on the stove covered. Stir it ever so often and after about 15 minutes and a nice aroma of apples they will get tender and mushy.
Then use a mixer, food processor, or even a potato masher to get it mushy. Sprinkle with some cinnamon and there you have it. I don't really like applesauce but it was pretty good. After nap time, Cindy had some and she loved it. I can't wait to try to make some with green apples for my hubby to see if he will like it as much as her.
So, if you ever wanted to make baby food and weren't sure, try this because it's easy. I know they have those special machine thingy that makes it so much simpler than this old school way but maybe for our next baby I will invest in one.
If you want to pin the process of making apple sauce just click the pin it button below.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Even though we have been super busy I didn't want to miss Pin it and Do it Friday. This week, I am sharing my new obsession.... glitter polish. When I first started pinterest I was not only pinning do it yourself projects but also outfit, hair and nails. It helped give me the jump start and inspiration to start painting my nails again, something I hadn't really done a ton since Cindy was born. Check out this fun glitter polish I got for $1!
For my going away gift, my sister bought be four glitter polishes because of this new obsession. I can't wait to try them! This was inspired by this pin found on my My Style board.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
Anywhoo, I am linking up with my friend Bre from Life at the Zoo to post 10 random facts about me. I had fun reading hers and I thought it would be fun to write some for me [and for you to get to know me a little better].
1. Whenever something major happens in my life I find the sudden urge to chop off all my hair only to hate it and then I vow I will never do it again. The first time was in college when Randy went to training and there was no communication allowed for a month an a half. The last time was when I found out I was preggo. [So proud of myself for not doing it when he deployed though I was so tempted to!]
2. Sad songs use to make me cry as a kid and as an adult can still have the same effect. To this day I cannot listen to Whitney Houston's song I Will Always Love You and Bette Midler's The Wind Beneath my Wings.
3. When I was 16 hanging out at a football game, I saw this really cute boy, proceeded to follow him around and knew that I had to have him.
4. I secretly want to have a house full of kids and be a stay at home mom for at least a decade.
5. While in college.... I lived in an all girls dorm for all 4 years, got a degree in Education but failed to get a credential, and my one regret is not working as a waitress. I loved my little dorm room.
6. My biggest weakness is house decorating. I think it's because I am a small detail person who hates making decisions. That is probably why our home still looks like a bachelor pad.
7. My dream car was a Toyota Corolla and now that I am a mommy I upgraded that dream car to be a Toyota Camry.
8. When doing laundry, the one thing I hate folding is socks! Just ask Charlie.
9. Deep down inside I am a little daredevil like my hubby. One of the most unforgettable moments we have had is going skydiving together on our honeymoon.
10. I love McDonalds and try to visit one in every country we travel to. I have been to about 8. This is McDonalds in Prague. I was very excited our bus stopped here for breakfast.