Friday, April 26, 2013

In Love with Dio

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of dio for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I currently have a new love and obsession called dio.  I know, I have never heard of it until now but it is amazing.  It's sort of like having a virtual portfolio, but one thats visually stimulating, interactive, and very organized.  So you start with a virtual space that you can fill with pictures, videos, photo albums, text, and even interactive objects [if you are that tech saavy].  The themes for your space are endless and my favorite part is that you can have multiple rooms.  Each room is like a different experience, a new world to explore.  So let me stop talking and let me show you the awesomeness of Dio.  Welcome to my first space called Let's Party and give you a tour.   

Once you enter, you go to my first room which showcases everything from the Dr. Seuss Birthday Party I planned for Cindy's first birthday.  Don't you already feel like you are at the party?  

 

On the left side you can see What's in This Room.  When you click on a picture [I clicked on the Invitation picture] , it is magnified, the caption is shown and I was even able to provide the link to my blog for those who are interested in the tutorial for the invitations.  

 

Now let's pretend we have explored this room to the max and are ready to exit.  Well just head on over to the Exit sign ont he bottom left corner and pick another room to go into.  In the Very Hungry Caterpillar room, because I turned the dress into an object you can actually take it for for your inventory.  A tutorial to save until later in case you want to use it in the future. 

 

Dio rooms also give you the option to create albums.  The best part for me was that I didn't even have to waste time uploading pictures.  Because the pictures were already uploaded onto my blogposts and flickr account I just needed to add the URL and the pictures instantly showed up.  When you click on Party Pictures in any room, an album will pop up and you can view all the pictures from that party.

 

One of my favorite parts about these rooms is the Video option.  In the weather themed baby shower, when you click on Matching Game the video about the matching game we played at the party pops right up!  How awesome is that?!  In the Very Hungry Caterpillar Room the video to one of the games we played is also there. 

 

Since I am considering going into party planning this is such an amazing tool for me.  I can offer the link to perspective clients and they can explore all the parties I have planned and hosted.  It's all in one organized place, my virtual portfolio. 

Being a little technically challenged myself I really love how user friendly  Dio is.  I am already thinking of using it to share our monthly family update [where I can post different picture alums, videos of the little one, and any new family news from the past month].  I will definitely use it to showcase our upcoming family vacation.  And thanks to the co-creation option, Dannielle and I will probably create a space to showcase Operation Organization. 

 So head on over to Dio, get creative, and have some fun!  Be sure to Like dio on Facebook too.  You can also explore some spaces that have already been created. I love Jen's Crafting Space and the gorgeous rooms Heidi has put together.  Of course you can follow me too, my username is Patty Mullen.  Don't you feel inspired already?

Well Dio is kind enough to offer a giveaway to one lucky winner $100 to Amazon!  

To enter you will need to: 

1. Visit dio.com, create a place, and comment back with the email you signed up with.  *To win, you must be an active user.

2. Optional: Tweet with a message about your place and include @dioplaces in your tweet.  

IZEA wil handle winner selection and gift card distribution.

Contest Rules

Visit Sponsor's Site

15 comments:

  1. I signed up with my yahoo email - bcmomtoo at yahoo dot com

    I created a place, but after reading several posts about dio, I'm rethinking the whole thing. It looks like a great way to organize stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Created a page with my email linstagram at gmail dot com. It's about my European adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it! I created a "welcome to my home" space so I could show off where we just moved! Thanks for the giveaway chance!
    https://www.dio.com/places/behind-the-screen-with-doodlecraft
    I love it! I want to have my kids do their next book report in DIO format! :) Nat
    nataliedshaw@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. signed up! stefanie.gladden(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. tweeted - https://twitter.com/steffie516/status/333360917897175041

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up!!! I hope I win I am furnishing a new apartment!! kouskikikirk@ymail.com is the email I signed up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signed up! tanya(at)tanyasmith.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. im signed up using pokergrl8 at gmail.com

    pokergrl8 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. https://twitter.com/aes529/status/336560522386350081

    pokergrl8 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat idea! I signed up and created a place using aeris32 at comcast dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I signed up as adriannebraun at yahoo dot com and created Detroit Eastside

    ReplyDelete
  13. tweet: https://twitter.com/adriannebraun/status/338049912132472832

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm signed up. Great room idea! lisalmg25 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Tweeted; https://twitter.com/lisalmg/status/338103090567852032

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.