This morning I woke up thinking about what my day was going to look like, the word that came to mind was RUSH! I knew that it was going to be a busy day, so I took out ground beef in the morning before I left for work. Then from 8am-noon I kept thinking about what to make , then the light bulb came on! Six Sister's Stuff's Korean Beef! So I came home from lunch and whipped it up!
Six Sister's Korean Beef recipe entailed quite a bit of ingredients and I wanted something super quick and easy so I modified it.
Korean Beef Ingredients:
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1/3 cup Mr.Yoshida Marinade
2 tbs. Agave (or honey or sugar)
2 tbs. Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
Sesame Seeds (optional)
Chopped Green Onion (recommended)
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1. Sear ground beef with salt and pepper.
2. Add Marinade, Agave, and Liquid Aminos.
3. Add sesame seeds.
4. Top off with fresh Green Onions.
So, on my way back to work from lunch I was thinking of what to pair with the Korean Beef... then another light bulb came on... Korean Veggie Pancake!!!
Hobakjeon - Korean Zucchini Pancake
1 Zucchini chopped into matchsticks
1/2 cup of Flour
1/2 cup of Water
1/8 tbs. of Salt
3 tbs. of Canola or Vegetable Oil
1. Heat up canola/vegetable oil on medium heat on a skillet.
2. Mix flour and water together with a whisk.
3. Then whisk in egg and salt into the mixture.
3. Mix in chopped zucchini into mixture.
4. Pour entire mixture with zucchini onto your heated skillet and spread out the zucchini with a fork.
5. Once edges start to sizzle and cook, drizzle sesame oil around the edges.
6. Once the side that is cooking is brown, flip and brown the other side.
Hobakjeon Dipping Sauce
(sorry I didn't take a picture)
4 tbs. of Braggs Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce
3 tbs. of White Vinegar
1/4 Onion chopped
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Jalapeno sliced
Splash of Sesame Oil
Squirts of Sriracha
Mix all ingredients together. Add as much or as little Jalapenos and Sriracha as you want.