The other day the little lady asked if we could bake some cookies and I raised her a cookie and made it a pizookie. Pizookies are one of our favorites! They are ooey, gooey, warm and cold, chocolate yummy goodness. If you don't know what a pizookie is, it's a cookie pizza out of the oven topped with ice cream and whatever else you want.
As part of our baking adventure, we headed over to Safeway and grabbed what we needed. It's right by her school and I love their little Starbucks area. Sometimes it's just nice to take a seat after or even before shopping.
I can always count on Safeway for great prices and NEW products down every aisle like New DREYER'S Frozen Custard! We happily swapped our tradition vanilla for this extra thick and extra creamy frozen custard. She loves her rich and classic Vanilla. You can also discover what’s new at Safeway!
Here is our Pizookie Recipe
1/2 cup of butter softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 tsp of salt
1 cup walnuts [optional]
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Scoop of DREYER'S Frozen Custard, Old Fashioned Vanilla
The HOW to
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. She loves bakings. She's a pro at working our mixer.
3. Mix together dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients. The dough will look like this.
4. I usually refrigerate the dough but she couldn't wait. Add a really thin layer of dough to the pan. I have these glass baking dishes for the cookies. Sometimes I'll use a small cake round pan for the hubby and I to share. There's something about eating the warm cookie out of the pan that makes it so much better.
5. Add the nuts and chips. I like peanut butter and chocolate chips in mine.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven or until the edges are brown.
7. Top with the extra thick and creamy DREYER'S Frozen Custard, whip cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or whatever you love!
It was such a beautiful day out we ate ours outside. I enjoyed every last bite.
Safeway always has new products on their shelf! I'm a loving the frozen custard and can't wait to try the other flavors. On our visit we also picked up Kellogg's® Special K® Chewy snack bars. They're tasty and you can see the oats and 100 calories of bliss. I love the new breakfast biscuits from Post for when I'm on the go. It's made with 100% whole grain and more than 55% of your days serving of whole grain. But my favorite treat of all is the Skinny Cow® Coffee drinks! So creamy and oh so yummy.
So the next time you are at Safeway [or Vons, Pavilions, CARRS, Tom Thumb, Randalls] be sure to check out their new products!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway, Inc. for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.